Monday, December 13, 2010

happiest 2nd birthday, ever




LuLu's BFF LaLa from next door...London lights up when she sees her. They are so sweet to each other and play so well. They are above acting like "2" year olds.

Make a wish...mine was that nothing will stand between us and being home rather than the hospital for Christmas like last year. I'm very sure it will come true...



Lu was determined to get the plastic off that lollipop....

and she did.


Our dear friends Jen and Aaron

Badger Cousins

Aunty Anna, Bubby's Ben and PT and my dear, sweet niece Abbie

One happy aunt

Pink has been my new favorite color since transplant. Pink--like a healthy liver.

My beautiful, wonderful Grandma Badger

Aunty Kath and Taydo

Big, beautiful eyed Miss Kaia

She's become really good at giving gnarly looks. This is just one of many she may flash at you if for no good reason

My Mum and the Rex Family

Aunt JuJu and some lovely princess gifts for Lu. She's really only known cars, transformers and Super Heroes...but I'm sure she will soon love all things girly.

Jonni and Carlie

NaNa and PaPa

Aunt MJ and Uncle D

In "lieu" of gifts for LuLu we asked for donations to Primary Childrens which made this night even sweeter. We will get to deliver the presents as a family...
What a difference a year makes, a saying we hear and say often when it comes to London's healing and progression. ( click to see : Birthday #1 )was a sad day for all of us. We spent a good part of the day at the hospital with a cardiologist, to the liver clinic and a procedure where they had to insert a large needle into her belly to drain off some of the excess fluid she carried in her distended tummy due to hypertension. I had tears all day as I sang Happy Birthday to her many, many times.
We got home that evening in time for an intimate party with Jonah and grandparents. Kathryn had decorated my home beautifully, because I couldn't. She is the kind of friend I'm so blessed to have.
LuLu was too sick to eat any cake, ice cream, treats or food other than what was being pumped into her nose and arm. I couldn't help but wonder if she'd have another birthday she was so sick and continued to get much sicker throughout the month of December. I vowed if possible her 2nd birthday would be a big, wonderful bash. It was. She had nearly 100 of our closest friends and family drop in to love on her and give well wishes.
Happy 2nd Birthday Hummingbird. Thank you Ashes, we love you.
xoxo

2 comments:

Trent and Brooke Starr said...

It is so great to see her looking so wonderfully "normal"! She is beautiful and so are you! It looks like it was an adorable party and I love the Primary Children's gifting idea! I am so happy for you guys!

Annie said...

What a happy birthday indeed. So glad you were able to give her the big bash she deserved. Loves to you.

 

yasmin lawsuit