Sunday, May 9, 2010

Love being their MuM...throw-up, poop and all



The day started out ever so lovely. A Badger brunch at my sister-in-law Whitney's house. Love seeing my nieces and nephews who I've missed dearly this last year. The food was amazing, as always. Above our dear Grandpa Badger.

Not so amazing coming back up....

Shortly after we left Whitney's Jonah told me twice that his tummy hurt, did I take him seriously? No, not til he started vomiting all over the place. I'll believe him next time. Luckily, I had one of LuLu's blankies handy which took the brunt of it but it was still what I'll call Mothers Day Disaster of 2010. We pulled over to handle the situation then flipped a U and headed straight home cancelling the rest of the days celebrations.
Casualties: new carseat, my car interior, his clothes, Londons blankie, the pleasent smell that use to reside in my vehicle. This is when leather seats would come in handy.
Diet Coke--the only liquid in the car.


Parading while we (mostly James) cleaned up the aftermath.

Good thing we always travel with Clorox wipes which served 2 purposes- the wipes for cleaning up and the empty container for a barf bucket for the drive home.

We were almost home when Jonah warned me he needed to poop. I begged him to wait a few more blocks, "squeeze your cheeks" I said, we were almost home. "Too late" was his reply. We hurried and pulled over to a Blockbuster to borrow their bathroom and finish the job right. We returned to the car with him wrapped in paper towels- for modesty of course. Poor child, we all laughed with him/at him. So glad I had my camerra today.

The ride home....nothing but a paper towell and a seat belt to cover up with. So glad we weren't pulled over for any reason. Wouldn't have wanted to explain to the officer why we have a nakey- without clothes or a carseat.

Of course it was a Happy Mothers day because I was with my family. I am lucky to have 2 wonderful children. This day didn't pass without much thinking of our donor Ashley and her SWEET Mum and family. Their first Mothers Day not together. Camie without her firstborn by her side.
A day most of us celebrate and reflect on the joys of being a Mother, many suffer and feel their deepest sorrow about not having been able to have children of their own, feel the void of a child that has passed away or miss their own MuM's that are no longer with them. I am LUCKY our donor family decided to be a donor family and that this Mothers Day I wasn't without my beautiful, perfect, tough-as-nails London.
Love you MoM, Love you Cindy, Love you Grandmas of mine, Love you CAMIE, Love you Laura, Carol, Rob, April, Anna, MJ and all the other Mommas that treated me like their own growing up. Love you Jonah, Love you LuLu-thank you for making me a MOM.
Must mention another highlight of this day...seeing a cute OLD man riding a bike and smoking a pipe. Don't see that everyday. Laughs.

12 comments:

Holly said...

I'm about to pee my pants from laughing...

Julia said...

This whole story was so funny when you told me about it last night. Somehow, the story just lost it's edge, thanks to the pictures. Ew. Poor Jonah looks like a ghost. He's starting to make it a tradition to barf after family dinners (Cyd's house last year).

Anonymous said...

Oh Liz that was hilarious. What are the odds of both casualties happening that close to each other!! The pic in the car with the paper towell is going to haunt him one day :) Super funny glad you are doing well and had a happy mothers day.
xoxo
Kayli

Liz said...

I don't think I have ever commented, but I have been a reader of your blog since just before LuLu's transplant and I just couldn't resist commenting on this post. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life. And what a Mother's Day for you to remember. LOL! I do hope you found some enjoyment in the day. You are one incredible Mom. Thanks for sharing with us a peek into your life, the ups and the downs!

Liz

Douglas Lai said...

Crying because of the laughter!

Erica said...

Oh poor boy! Glad he could still manage a smile after all of that. It may not have been the most relaxing mother's day for you but it will definitely be one to remember.

Anonymous said...

From the looks of things...it began with a "code pink and white" then spiraled downward to a "code BROWN"!! (I'm guessing he had strawberries at Whitneys.) You guys get the parents of the year award!! Love Mom Barnum

Amber said...

I'm reading your post about your mother's day. I can't stop laughing! I hope you had a wonderful mothers day, you deserve it!!!

Jo Lynn said...

You poor girl!!!! That's no mother's day! I love the documentation though and your cute naked boy walking around in his underwear with clothes strewn all over! I'm so sorry all that happened to you, poor guy! You are such a trooper! Happy Mother's Day to such a special Mom who has so much endurance, love, patience, and who blesses the lives of your two little ones each and every day!

Janene said...

You are an awesome mom and from my end of things you do seem to do it all really well. Thanks for you positive attitude. It's a great example to me.

Obat liver herbal said...

i like this post

Anonymous said...

https://blueridgeventures.ru/invite/i=24936

 

yasmin lawsuit