Sunday, May 2, 2010

Wee Harmonee & Little LuLu under the same roof


Liver MuM Love. (last night)

On the phone tonight with one of her GI Docs...no messin' around post transplant. And per Dr. Jackson...we're off to the ER. A quick shower, packing of bags, dealings with dogs, sending Jones to NaNa's and we are ready to go. I don't ER-alone.


Waiting...waiting and more waiting. Just how it goes.

Typical.


I am so happy to say that Wee Harmonee has been stable today. (see her blog for yesterdays update & more pictures I posted for her Mum) She has also had negative cultures for infections today. HOORAY! If they can get 3 straight days of negative results they will accept an offer for a liver when the right one comes in. This brings HOPE for HARM and her family.

In other breaking news, James and I are sitting in the ER with Little LuLu as she has a high fever (103) and respitory distress (72 br/p/m). She had a fever last night too, but broke and we'd hoped it would be nothing. This could mean an infection or be signs of rejection. If it is rejection it's caught early and would most likely be treated with an increase in her anti rejection drugs. If it's an infection, will be treated with antibiotics...so hopefully this wont be a big deal or a long stay. She is such a tough little love, we're lucky she's ours.

They will start an IV soon, draw labs, treat her with a broadspectrum antibiotic, chest xray, nose suction, get admitted to her suite and figure out what is wrong. Sorry for not calling Mum, but didn't want to worry you til morning.

This still feels like our home-away-from-home.

xoxo
lizzie
alpha-1, liver mum

5 comments:

Douglas Lai said...

I am sad to hear that your back in your other home. I hope you are out of the ER by now. I hate the ER. Hugs and prayers for a simple fix for your Lulu.
Come on Harm you can do it.
Erica
PS we will be up there tomorrow at 11:40.

Ang said...

Just sitting here also at pcmc with Olivia (we must have some sort of weird timing thing) and thought I would see how sweet Lulu is coming along. I am so sorry to hear you are back. Tell your mom I haven't forgot about calling her, well, maybe I need to be reminded. What floor are you guys on? We are on the 4th, but steer clear of us and our nasty bug. I'm praying for sweet Lulu and you all. Sincerely, Angela winters ( your moms biggest fans from the nicu days days)

Rogers Neighborhood said...

you are all in my prayers.

BLAKE and MINDI DELLINGER said...

I am so sorry! I hope that it is a quick trip and that she gets better soon. Love you guys.

TPoirot said...

praying this a short stay and that LuLu feels better soon! thinking & praying for you all...XOXO

 

yasmin lawsuit