Monday, May 3, 2010

The Best medicine + Gods Hand = Big Fat Miracles

Harmonee is doing AMAZING. see http://www.harmoneesliver.blogspot.com/2010/05/blue-eyes.html for her Mum's update today. WOW is all I can say. They will start accepting offers in the next few days. Thank you to every ones love and support for her. I've had emails from people offering to undergo live testing for her...wondering if there is anything they can do for this family. Thanks blog friends! Ya'll are some good people.

This is about 2 am last night, still in the ER. We got into our room around 3 and to bed by 4. She had just been through the ringer when this was taken. She was cathed, nose/throat suction/IV/labs which didn't go so well and chest xrays in a 30 minute period on top of being seriously exhausted- that's gotta hurt. James always gets a little PTS after seeing and holding London down like we have to and witness her suffering.

She's SO forgiving.


Last night we ruled out rejection issues, her liver numbers are fabulous. Bacterial infections were also ruled out...so we are still waiting labs trying to figure out what is causing fevers that persisted today as well. Doctors suspect it's something viral,(CMV, EBV) with her weak immune system fighting anything off is difficult. She's been treated with antivirals and antibiotics since last night and receiving fluids to help combat the fever. She has been in good spirits all day which is promising. We will stay until they figure out what's buggin' my girl. Hopefully this doesn't turn into more than a few days.
We are so grateful for London and her fighting spirit. She was born with a great purpose in her life, so much good has come out of being born ill. She has taught James and I lessons we could never have learned, changed us for the better. I'm excited to see her fulfill her God given potential. I know she will continue to change the world we live in.
Get well soon Lu.
xoxo
lizzie
alpha-1, liver mum

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is FABULOUS news about Harmonee. I am so happy that she is doing so well. Poor Lulu I hope they can get to the bottom of what is going on with her so you can get back home. These liver babies are amazing!!

xoxo
Kayli

Dayton and Candice said...

So happy to hear an update on Lulu and Harmonee---I am so glad that Lulu's liver is still rockin' and so relieved to hear the progress harmonee has made--She has been in my thoughts since you posted about her--love you!! give Lulu a big kiss from me :) xoxo cando

Janene said...

Thanks for the updates on Harmonee. It is a miracle that she is doing so well! I hope she can get a new liver so soon. I'm so happy for Farrah. She is a strong lady! I hope Lulu gets better quickly and back home again!
Love,
Janene

The Davidson's said...

If you are there wed, plan on seeing my face pop in your room. xoxo

Cydnee said...

Oh LuLu!!! Your cousins were so looking forward to playing with you tomorrow! Hang in there little cutie pie!

Annie said...

These pictures are killing me. Poor little Lu. I'm glad they ruled out rejection issues but hope they have news/help for her poor little bod soon. And, I'm so happy that things have turned around for sweet Harmonee. Please keep us posted on her progress.

Loves to you.

Margaça said...

I´m so glad it´s not rejection. I really hope it´s something simple to treat, not CMV or EBV- I hate these virus!

Lulu is amazing and you and James are as braves as her, it´s very dificult and painful to see our baby sufering like this...

with love,

Alice (Martim´s mum)

Carrie and Nathan said...

Liz, your pictures melt my heart. She is such a special little girl. I'm so glad to hear it's not rejection and that it's something that can easily be treated (right?...fingers crossed)

The Hunters! said...

This is such wonderful news! The strength, beauty & grace that these amazing little girls show is truly uplifting! We could all learn so much from them, it's unbelievable what they go through! Such spirit! I am happy to know that LuLu's liver is doing fine! And that Harmonee is doing so well! I hope that you will all be home before you know it!!!!

Jadie said...

I found your blog by reading the Rosenvall's. YOU as well as LuLu inspire me. I just want you to know I am a daily follower who brings positive energy and lots of prayers.

XoXO,
Jadie

Ryan.Kendra.Makenzie.Tracker said...

oh liz... you are so strong. and that lu is amazzzing. thanks for telling us about harmonee. she is such a beautiful little girl and ill pray for her and her family. please let me know if you need anything- ill run up food if you want :)

AshleyS said...

Lulu is in our family prayers EVERY day. Hailey makes us start our prayers over if we forget. She is committed to praying for her. So much to learn from children. Praying you (and Harmonee's family) are all on your way home soon, happy and healthy!

Sarah Lemn said...

Stay strong. We know how scary the hospital visits are; we were just there with a respitory virus. I am praying she stays EBV negative as long as possible. It's a constant battle. Sending lots of liver love! Get better soon LuLu!

Jo Lynn said...

Poor baby Lulu, those pictures break my heart and I can't even imagine what you two go through each time you have to pin her down. What a love she is and you are so right about children, one of their greatest attributes is to forgive. She will be in our prayers that she gets better and gets out of their soon. We love you guys and keep us posted! Love,
Jo Lynn

 

yasmin lawsuit