Tuesday, February 16, 2010

MiLo MaN's BeNeFiT

James donated several gift certificates like the one above for Milo's silent auction. He teased me asking why I didn't have him pose rather than stealing an image online...time restrictions were my only reasoning...he looks great with his shirt off! Glad I didn't run into anything dirty when I Google searched "hot construction workers"


I met and grew to love MILO while we were hospitalized at PCMC and he was receiving almost daily chemo at Hunstman Cancer Institute which is connected to PCMC. We were introduced my my sister-in-law-Stacey who has been a long time friend of Milos.


Jonah happily donated his piggy bank money to Milo. He knows it will help him buy medicine to make him better, just like LuLu needs lots of medicine. I hope and pray to raise compassionate children. That is my number ONE priority in this life, more important than anything else James and myself could accomplish. I think Jonah is off to a great start. He's been a wonderful, caring brother to LULU and also donated his piggy bank back at Christmas too for a family in need.






Having a little fun with the stache and DO which is what Milo use to look like before he lost his hair due to chemo treatment.





Milo's benefit/birthday bash was a hit minus the birthday boy not being present, sicker than a dog. Worse day of chemo side effects to date. He was greatly missed but he was felt in spirit as we all wore MILO buttons with a cute little mustache on it. Apparently that and a big curly fro were Milo trademarks pre-cancer. So I thought it appropriate to get a wig and stache in memory and to serve as a reminder of what will grow back after his nasty fight with testicular cancer is won. Somehow I ended up being the luckiest girl ever and got to hand deliver the money raised, a wonderful birthday cake made by my dear friend Leslie (http://www.simplysweetsbyleslie.com)/and a few other items. Love this man, so lucky we became insta-friends.


HIS Buddies



My BUDDIES, representing...missing Leslie, Ally C., Lacey & Melissa- who were all there to support in many ways. Thank you and to Ramsi, Jayma & Allicen W. who sent wonderful contributions to the silent auction. I also met one of my Bloggin buddies Kendra (see side bar Angel Kenz) who showed up to support Milo and meet me. Love this girl. We (Hallie joined) had dinner together a few days later and talked for HOURS...but it still wasn't enough time. SHE is one heck of a lady. Love, Love, Lover her. Have I said that I love her?



This is my dear friend Allie's little girl KAIA. She's a doll. So sweet and lovely. Notice her Milo pin. It was fun to have little ones running around. I know Milo would have loved the night.







One of my "wins" from the silent auction with my friend Natalie who scored an airbrush tan.


MY THANKS TO:

Mayor Snarr (golf foursome)
Miche Bags http://www.michebag.com/

Badger Construction :) (gift certificates)



City Sun Tanning http://www.citysun.com/

Shade Clothing (Ashley England) http://www.shade.com/




Jenna Hansen (reformer pilates sessions) 801-664-9625
Schmidts Pastry Cottage (donated 200 cupcakes!!) http://www.schmidtspastry.net/


Josie Dellinger (hair, Taylorsville 801-631-8553)

Lisa Snarr (hair, Murray 801-455-3247)

Tabitha Rex (hair, Lehi 801232-6402) I can vouch for all 3 of these girls being GREAT!

Stephanie Wood (Avon Rep. & photographer) 801-598-5044

Preston & Nikki Price, Massage Envy (801-253-5330, 801495-4280) http://www.massageenvy.com/

My Mum Bonnie, no web site--she's just great!! Thanks MuM, you're the best.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Ugh, Lizzie. I'm so sorry I missed it. I/we have been SICK at our house. I pretty much hate my life right now. Like I said, "ugh!". Looks like it was so fun. And what about the cake? I wanted to see pics of the cake! When are we doing dinner again? And could you be any more beautiful?

Anonymous said...

Liz I just wanted to let you know that your family's story is amazing! I check your blog everyday! I work with a "liver mum" whose son had a transplant at 10 months and is now 11 years old and doing oh so wonderful! She wanted me to let you know if you have any questions or just want to talk I have her email and her phone number. She wanted me also to tell you how special it is that you got to meet your "angels" family. That is a side of it that she never had and has a "hole" in her heart from it. Much love and prayers to your family!

Christy Snow (Lederman)

allieb said...

so glad we were able to make it! you did a fabulous job & Kaia had a great time running around : )

Jo Lynn said...

What a sweet boy you have, it's a beautiful thing for our little one's to learn compassion and Jonah see's it first hand, what a great thing to do!!! I admire what you do with your trials and how so much good has come from them and how you and your family have blessed the lives of so many others!

 

yasmin lawsuit