Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 3

Cutest alarm clock, EVER.

" MuM, do my hair. I find it a bit embarassing."
Music Therapy, so much fun! She loved it....

...as you can see.
"...This little light of mine.....,I'm gunna let it shine....." a new favorite for us.

"Bath Time!! Finally you are doing something about this mop!"



"My new friend, Ali" (All-EEE)



London has continued to improve and the plan is to be released tomorrow. YAY. I have so much laundry...cleaning...packing...etc. etc. to do and it's just ALWAYS good to go HOME.
The plan had been to take Jonah to Disneyland this Sunday with our friends Cade, Leslie and their kiddos. We were going to leave LuLu in very capable hands while we soaked up some one-on-one with Jonah, since he really hasn't had any of that this last year or been to Disney ever. (may be (is) due to mine and James' lack of liking Disneyland, I know we must be evil) But, Jones will LOVE it-he deserves it, and the Smiths were gracious enough to let us tag along. It seemed like great timing when we planned it but as we know "things come up."
With London's hospital stay we felt like one of us should stay back. Naturally, James volunteered because he's awesome and Leslie has been a BF for 25 years....so my sister Julia is going in his stead (everything has been paid for, Jones has been counting down the days) and bringing her little Noah along too, they are both in need of some R & R.

London will go home with a 14 day IV antibiotic and then we will have her broviack removed. (sigh of relief) One less thing to be ultra-paranoid about. The only downside is being poked each week for blood draws rather than the ease of the central line...but I'll (she'll) take it. She's tough. She can handle a few needles. The risk for infection is so high with central lines. She will be so happy to start taking baths with her brother and not having to avoid getting her chest wet. Picturing the two of them splashing in the tub together is so normal for most Mums but a huge, enormous victory for us.

Today we had a few visitors. Aunt MJ came by, PaPa and Officer Hayes, Abdul and his son Ali (11). They came down from Idaho for a follow up appointment for Abdul's brain surgery. They brought her some wonderful gifts that she'll love so much! Daddy and Jonah will come up later this evening. Even though she can't say it- I know LuLu misses her buddy.

6 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

Wonderful news and I love the pictures! Glad she's having visitors and music time..how fun! Yeah for having the line removed, what a blessing! How fun, Disneyland....every child's dream right? Glad Julia and Noah get to come to, they will have a blast! Glad to hear she's doing so well!

Josie said...

Gosh I cant even believe it. One thing after another. Glad she is doing good now. You are a tough mom I would be having so much anxiety. Finding her like that in her crib. Wow! Love you guy's.

allieb said...

I love love love her hair! She is a such a little beauty : ) Glad she is coming home & you are still able to go to disneyland...I'm sure Jones will have a blast! Lots of loves to you all!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lizzie sorry to have been a stranger lately. We have been busy with family and as I have just read you have been busy too! I am so sorry to hear that you have been in the hospital battling that infection. I am glad they plan to release her soon there really is no place like home, it's sad when that hospital becomes your second home. Hope that everything else is good with LuLu. Belle just had another check up with Dr. Book and she is stable, we are in the bad phase where we are waiting for something to happen.
Much Love
Kayli

Heidi said...

Liz- You may not remember me from high school.. Heidi Howland? Anyways, just wanted to let you know your sweet family is in our prayers. Both of your babies are beautiful and you are an amazing family. My little boy was diagnosed with leukemia almost two years ago, so we have small idea of some of the things you are dealing with. It is NOT fun to have sick kids. You guys are amazing and you have a wonderful way of putting things into words. Good luck with everything, and hopefully you can leave that yucky hospital soon!
Heidi

Tasha said...

I am so glad she is doing better:) She is ABSOLUTELY beautiful and definitely has "sunshine in her soul" On a side note, I did get into the dermatologist per your previous post and they had to biopsy one of my moles. I wasn't really expecting that, I am sure all will be fine, but Thank you for your coaxing just in case:)

 

yasmin lawsuit