Friday, March 12, 2010

I left part of my heart in Vernalville

There was a benefit concert for Ashley's family (LuLu's liver donor) as well as 2 other families with ill children in Vernal, Utah. Us Mum's were asked to read our story from the Tribune. Me reading LuLu's side, her reading Ashelys. Emotional, but amazing to stand next to her and feel her grace and dignity even as she reads about her daughter dying and mine living. She's extraordinary. I have so much love for her. My sissy Cydnee sang two songs. One was a lullaby she created from words to a childrens book and the other, her own rendition of This Little Light of Mine- Camie's favorite song to sing to Ashley.

This is Abby, Ashley's youngest sister and Jonah-being some sort of crazy. This weekend was the start of a beautiful friendship for Jones and the girls

Loved that she crawled up on my lap during the concert and asked me how LuLu was doing. Daughter like Mum-ther.

After the concert, which was so rich with talent, we grabbed dinner and ate at the pool of our hotel while the kids (and James,(big kid)) swam til midnight.

Throwing people around...a specialty of his.

If you don't have your swimsuit, swim in your dress. Their Mum feels like life is too short not to. I made a mental note for LuLu when she's allowed in a pool, I wont the lack-of-a-cute-bikini or a really nice dress stand in the way of fun.

Syd (Ashley's cousin), Abby, Jones and Sammy
The whole group!

Friends Forever.

Camie, her dad Grandpa Jerry and moi.

Sweet Camie has been having the arrangement redone that LuLu sent to the funeral. She brought it to the pool so I could see it. She plans to continue to have it arranged every few weeks, my frugal/practical MuM suggested silk flowers...so we'll see. It is identical--I was so confused when I first saw it, until she explained that before it died she took it into the florist to have it replicated.

After swimming I gave the girls matching horses with wings. LuLu has one too. Thought it sweet and appropriate as we know Ashley is surrounded by angel horses at all times. Camie told me Abby hasn't seperated herself from it since. It is a permanent fixture in Lu's crib.

Daddy and Jones watching YouTube clips in the room... Today Special. Remember that one?


Good Morning BEST continental breakfast ever at the Marriott. We will be back to see you.

My beautiful MuM and Dad also went with us. We had a great time together and they loved getting to know Ashely's family better and attending church with them Sunday morning. I got to use Ashley's Bible. It was an honor.


Jones passed out right when we started driving home and slept the whole way. I uncomfortably rode with this huge box over my head. It was a lamp we won at the raffle from the benefit. We didn't know what it looked like so it was a fun surprise when we got home. It's really cool.

Returned from our overnighter to this little LOVE of mine. Lucky MuM, I am. Lucky, Lucky MuM. We are loving life.

10 comments:

Carlye Momma said...

What an incredible gift it is that you and your family have become a new extension of Ashley's family. I can only imagine the comfort that must give all of you. I just love reading about what angels you all are. Thank you for always inspiring me to be a better person! :-)

Jan said...

Oh my, what an incredible weekend you had with Ashley's loved ones! Her lovely spirit must have been felt by all! I even felt that sweet child all the way in down in FL :) May God continue to bless her family with yours and vise versa!

Annie said...

The love just keeps on flowing. Trust you to be the sweetest person alive and make best friends with everyone you meet. What a neat weekend with those lovely pepole. I love that Ashley's mom let her little girl swim in her dress. My favorite story of the weekend.

Love you. xoxo

p.s. LOVED your comment with decorating tips. I think I finally got most of my decisions made but may be calling you about some other questions.

Adri said...

I went to school with Cyd and married Brett Ballingham. I just read the slc trib on Lulu and Ashley. I can't believe how strong you and Ashley's mom are. What a great article. I was bawling through the whole thing. What a bitter sweet story. My thoughts and prayers go out to both families. Thanks for sharing your story.

April said...

Love hearing this... sounds like you all had a wonderful weekend! you and James such a good examples to Jones and Lulu of giving service and kindness, and enjoying every moment of life!

Sarah Lemn said...

I love reading your updates about your donor family. Helps me to live vicariously!

Cami Hilton said...

Hey Liz, I think that Roberts Craft Store has a special spray that they can spray on flower arrangements to basically freeze them exactly the way they look & then they put them in a glass case so that you can keep them forever? I remember someone telling me that they did it with there wedding bouquet?? Might be a good idea!

Jeannie, Jane, Angel, Mommy, etc.. said...

What a great gift to be able to spend time with Ashely's family. It looks like everyone had a great time in the pool. I completely agree with the whole "if you don't have a swimsuit, swim in your dress"! :)

Cydnee said...

I cannot believe you guys drove home with that lamp box. I sure hope it was a cute one ;). That would be awesome if it was a leg/high heel one from Christmas story.

Also...how many three year-olds can say they have been hot tubbing with cute girls? Love you, Jones!

allieb said...

Love that your fam & ashley's have become so close! And I love that you are loving life : ) you deserve all the happiness in the world!

 

yasmin lawsuit