Friday, November 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Ashes

It's NOT my party, but I'll cry if I want to.






Cheers to Ashley, they say.



Sunday was Ashley's birthday.

What do you do for the girl that saved your baby?
How do you celebrate when it's such a tragedy that she is gone?

We, with her parents, friends and family scattered across the US decided to send balloons up to heaven. This will be a new family tradition.

13 from us- blue and purple, her favorite. She would have been a teenager. I remember how special turning 13 was. We sang Happy Birthday and let them go to her. Jonah really wanted to send her a cupcake but a smudge of frosting on his balloon had to do.
I know her parents wished to celebrate differently. I wish they could have. I wish she never got hit. We would have found a liver elsewhere.
They would have made it such a special day, cause that's just the kind of people they are. I imagine she would have gone horseback riding, been gifted a new pet and eaten lots of cake and ice cream and posed her pretty little self for many happy pictures.

We feel so lucky to have the connection we do with her and her family. It's healing for all of us. They LOVE LuLu and have taken her in like their own.
Happy 13th Birthday Ashes. I know you had a big old bash in Heaven with your Grandma and Jesus. We love you to pieces.

xoxo
lizzie

No comments:

 

yasmin lawsuit