Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Prayers, thoughts & well wishes Please.


www.lydiasliverstory.blogspot.com

One of LuLu's Liver BFF's Lydia, (Lyds) is having her transplant tomorrow. Her warrior Mum is her donor. Please get on your knees, send amazing thoughts and well wishes their way. They are an amazing family that have had their fair share of difficulties.


Throw a prayer in for LuLu too. She is having surgery tomorrow as well, but nothing NEAR the scale of a transplant, quite minor actually. She's having her central line removed. This is good news and a step in the right direction for her recovery. There isn't a need for it anymore now that we aren't giving her any meds through it and blood draws will hopefully go to every other week rather than once a week. The only bad part about it is she'll get poked for her labs rather than taking it out of her central line with ease but the risk of infection that comes with a central line is so great. The benefits definitely don't out way the risks.


We are so proud of her. She has been making a beautiful recovery and has an amazing spirit about her. RSV season is suppose to wrap up end of April and we are looking forward to an eventful Spring and Summer.

5 comments:

The Hunters! said...

I am so sending good vibes Lydia's way!! She & her Mum are in my prayers! And good luck to Lulu also, that is beautiful that she is doing so well! All my love!

Jan said...

I've said oodles of prayers for Lydia and her Mum this morning Lizzie! For your little LuLu too! I am so glad that she's getting that central line out cuz I know all to well the infections that it can cause. Our Micki had sooooooo many of them thru the years. Hugs to you today as you wait :) Oh and I absolutely loved the fact that LuLu wore Ashley's dress for Easter! How precious :)

Sarah Lemn said...

We will be saying lots of prayers for Lydia! Congratulations as well for the removal of LuLu's central line! Poking can be a nightmare, but Mackenzie quickly adapted and goes into the lab, puts her arm out and holds all the vials for her phlebotomist. We do lots of medical play too, which helps her be okay with it.
Lots of Liver Love!

Ally Cox said...

They are definitely in my prayers! Liz, even though you don't me, I am a dedicated reader to your blog. I also started reading Milo's when you talked about him awhile back. I have noticed that he hasn't updated his blog in months. I am hoping that he is doing okay and I was wondering if you knew his status and would be willing to comment on his behalf. You are all such inspirational people! Thank you for making me realize everyday the things that are really important!

jessicalangprice said...

I didn't realize Lu was going in for her other surgery so soon! I'm so glad all went well! I can't believe you are doing so much right now...PLEASE let me know how I can help!?

 

yasmin lawsuit