Friday, January 15, 2010

3:15 (by Julia)

UPDATE: My mom was misinformed earlier. LuLu's liver just barely came out a few minutes ago (about 6:35ish). So, we are not as far along as we thought...

My mom just called from the OR waiting room to update me. She said LuLu's diseased liver is out. The Salt Lake Tribune photographer was given access to her surgery to take pictures of it for the story they are writing about LuLu. They are getting ready to implant her new liver. This is a very complicated part of the procedure. Connecting and suturing the bile ducts, arteries, etc. is very delicate work, indeed.

I hope LuLu is having sweet dreams of eating REAL food, of learning to walk, of exploring the world-untethered by tubes and machines, of life without the discomfort of a severely swollen belly. I hope she is resting well. I hope she feels angels attending her and knows how dearly she is loved. I can't wait for her to recover enough to be smothered with hugs and kisses. She is such a special little girl.

xoxoxo

Aunt Julia

3 comments:

Margaça said...

Get ready for a new Lulu!

Jo Lynn said...

Julia thank you so much for the updates, I'm in tears reading your post along with the one below! What an angel and I can't wait to hear how she's doing. Much love and lots of prayers are sent her way!

Love,
Jo Lynn

Unknown said...

Our thoughts and prayers are will you constantly. Thank you for the updates. They really help. We have been so touched with everyone's attitude, faith and love. We are so grateful to know and love all of you.

Lots of love and kisses....The Swalbergs'

 

yasmin lawsuit