Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Milo Man









I was able to meet Milo with my sis-in-las Stacey at the Huntsman Cancer Institute this morning during one of his daily 7 hr. chemo. infusions. When you have cancer it becomes your life to beat it. He can't work, is without insurance, had to stop school etc. etc. but he is strong and he will fight the fight and help many others along the way. He has stage 3 testicular cancer that has spread to his lymph system after having one of his testicles removed. No, he doesn't mind me sharing this info with LuLu world, read his blog- he's very open. It's his reality.

HE is funny. I know he and James will get along really well, and we'd be the lucky ones to be his friends. We got talking about TV shows and found we have our favorites in common. Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm & Flight of the Concords. If you like thoes shows I know we'll be friends. Also a new one to get caught up on-- Modern Family. Think he'll start watching them online today.


I am helping Stacey come up with items for his silent auction which is also the night of his birthday. We need stuff and you can help. Anything...hand made items, gift certificates, art work (my friend ally is donating some pieces allybrynndesigns.blogspot.com) quilts, jewlery, services-James is going to donate some "handy man" gift certificates. I'm making him pose in a wife beater, tool belt, hammer in hand and all. "Sexy (happily) married carpenter to do repairs on your home..." I'll post a picture when I take it.


If you are out of state, which many of you are there is time to mail items to me. If you email me we can arrange a mailing address for you to send things to. elizabethbarnum@hotmail.com We have had so much kindness, generocity, blessings & service given to us this year and there is nothing MORE FUN THAN PAYING IT BACK. Here is Milo's new blog we got him to set up and hopefully get a paypal button on it for donations. Find it in your hearts to think of what you are able to do.





xoxo




Liver MuM, new friend of MILO MAN

4 comments:

Ally Christensen said...

Ok - read it and love him. So glad to be able to help!

Julia said...

So jealous you got to see Milo. I'm glad he has a blog...

allieb said...

thanks for sharing, loved reading his blog. I want to help with the auction somehow, I'll call ya to get some ideas. xoxo

The Davidson's said...

your blog is the best!! Just an FYI I have wanted to come see you, our unit has been way busy and by the time 730 rolls around Im sorry, Im selfish, I go home. I love you dearly and think about you, your jonah and james and always your lulu. I will see you soon, promise. Im so happy spirits are high surrounding you.

 

yasmin lawsuit