Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tuesday Update (by Julia)

Sorry, it's another picture-less post from the Auntie! Lizzie is in charge of the picture department, and as you can imagine, she's a bit strapped for time right now. I'm sure she'll get us caught up with photos soon.

Since the last time I posted, LuLu's chest tube (draining her lungs) has been removed. Each tube or wire that disappears is a small victory, indeed. Yesterday was a long day for LuLu-a lot of procedures and nurses/doctors coming in and out of her room. Needless to say, she didn't get her much-needed rest. She was absolutely wiped out by the time her Uncle Pat and I stopped by for a visit last night. She was awake, but refused to even look at us. Whenever her nurse came within two feet of her bed, she started to cry.

I just called her room for an update and she is resting well today. They were able to lower her oxygen levels a little bit this morning. Hopefully it won't be too long before she's totally breathing on her own.

Of course, every time I visit, Lu has a different flower in her hair. I guess you could say it's her trademark! Love that girl!

Big brother, Jonah, is having a fun play date with his cute little buddy, Lincoln, today. He was so excited to go see "Linky". According to Jonah, I wasn't driving fast enough to get him there! He loves telling people that his sister got her "clean" liver. Lizzie and James had something special to do together today (Lizzie will post about it later), so Grandma Barnum is sitting with Lu in the PICU. Thankfully, all is well.

xoxoxo

Julia

14 comments:

Brock and Lisa McKeown said...

That is great news, everyday is one step closer to a full recovery. Thanks so much for the update Julia

April said...

Glad to hear everything is going well, thanks for keeping us posted!

Hope Lizzie is having fun today!

Jo Lynn said...

Breaks my heart, can you imagine being a nurse and see this little angle cry each time you came near? How sad! Thanks for the update on Lulu and I can't wait to hear about Lizzie special thing they are doing today. :)

Karen said...

Thanks, Julia, for the update....sounds like things are noving along fairly well....i'm glad.

Tara said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. I am thrilled that things seem to be going well, and that progress is being made. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Anonymous said...

What a fighter Lulu is!!!!!Great news. Looking forward to all the positive updates... Julia you are a doll for taking such good care of everyone and everything. Pat, would love to hear from you. Love you all!
Jim & Rhea

Dale Rex said...

Jonah and Linc had a great time today. Those 2 are going to be trouble when they grow up. We would love to have him again anytime. Love you guys. Love you Lulu.

Aimee said...

Thanks for the update, Julia. You and Lizzie are both amazing writers (and amazing women). I cry each time I check LuLu's blog, but fortunately it is tears of joy at this point. She is so beautiful and is surrounded by so many loving people. It's amazing how everyone involved grows and changes all because of one little girl. She is going to grow to be an amazing little person with huge personality! Thanks for letting me learn from her, too, through the blog.

heymaynard said...

JAMES AND LIZZIE CAME TO VERNAL TODAY AND SUPRISED US AT OUR NIECES FUNERAL, ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT OUR LITTLE ASHLEYS LIVER WAS A SMALL JIGSAW PIECE IN LULUS PUZZLE OF LIFE. WE ARE VERY GRATEFUL FOR THEM COMMING AND PAYING THIER RESPECTS TO OUR ANGEL AND SHOWING US OUR NEW LITTLE ANGEL LULU. WE WILL BE PRAYING AND FOLLOWING ALONG ON YOUR JOURNEY. YOU CAN FIND US ON FACEBOOK UNDER PRAYERS FOR ASHLEY!

Cydnee said...

More photos of the little Lady please ;)!!! Alexander saw the most recent pictures of LuLu and inquired about the lipstick. Looking awesome after major procedures runs in the family!

Dale and Tabitha said...

Julia you are such a fabulous sister....Lizzie is lucky to have you. We are so excited to hear great new about Lulu. What a strong little cookie!

Anonymous said...

I've navigated to LuLu's site for some time now from Mackenzie's Liver page, and have come to know her story. Each night and morning I pray for LuLu, your family, and the donor's family. It is amazing how resilient children can be, and I pray for a quick recovery, and a much healthier road in the future for LuLu! She seems to be such a little trooper!

Tara said...

Hello. My name is Tara and my best friend's sister is Sarah Lemn (mother of Mackenzie). I have been faithfully following your blog and praying for BEAUTIFUL Lulu... and I will continue to do so every day. Thank you for sharing your story.

Leslie Jean said...

I am praying for you-- and I love you guys. My mom told me somewhat about London, but I just now found the blog. 2 hours later I've read it start to finish and my heart is so full of love and amazement for your sweet and heroic family. Thanks for inspiring so many. I will be praying for you still.

Leslie (allard) M.

 

yasmin lawsuit