Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I held my baby today









It's almost been a week since LuLu's been in my arms. I can't help but think it has been a week since our Angel's parents held their baby girl in theirs, for the last time. In this life, I mean. We are so eternally thankful for the bond we will have through our London to the most amazing girl that's ever lived. I am so in LOVE with this child, she really made this world a better place because she was simply in it. In the coming days I'll be able to share more about Her, Her family, our experiences and just how bitter sweet life and death have been for us. Through a series of divine circumstances we've been able to connect so much sooner than the norm which has indeed been orchestrated by God for Us and for Them. We are seeking an expedited confirmation of identities, but I really don't need it, I know who our Angel is.

I am so grateful to her gracious family that I am still able to hold my baby close to me yet so sad they can't do the same. I'll enjoy every minute she spends in my arms now and hopefully for years and years and years to come-until she just wont have it anymore. What I will always remember is that none of us are guaranteed tomorrow. So I will always live my life that way and whenever I need a reminder I have a major one right under my nose. Lulu's liver.

London goes in for her closure surgery tomorrow morning. We hope they will be able to accomplish this completely. Otherwise we will have another surgery in several months to do so.

I was told by Dr. Meyers tonight that she will feel worse and seem sicker following more so than after transplant. So thank goodness for pain medication when they are really needed. Continued prayers please.

This last week has been the hardest yet. It has been heart wrenching for many reasons. It has been intense. It has been happy, sad and every emotion in between. It has definitely been the most sacred week of my life and I have many people to thank for the miracle of London being alive.
xoxo
Liver MuM

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you lulu. with all my heart, liver and soul.

auntie kath

TPoirot said...

i will oray they're able to close LuLu up once and for-all tomorrow morning...i will pray for her comfort and rest! it must have been so amazing to finally hold her again~ she looks and you & James with so much trust & love! LuLu is also a Hero for her continued fight & adaptation-WOW. Love her and love you Lizzy- xoxo

A womb for rent said...

I can only Imagine!!!! I am so glad you got to hold her today:) My heart is with the Angel family I have been thinking so much of both families for the last few days. My tears keep flowing for both. I told my husband the other night that no matter the circumstances if we have the opportunity (heaven forbid) our children or us will Donate! I know you don't know me personally but I just feel I love your little Lonee Lu Lu maybe that every day I look at my Londee LU LU and know I could be you!

I am so Amazed by YOU and your ANGEL!!!!!
My prayers are with you!!!

Karen said...

I'm in awe of all you've been thru, Liz. Stay strong in the Lord. How amazing that you've had contact with the donor's family.What a comfort for all of you. God Bless.

Annie said...

This is so beautiful. Love you.

Erica said...

Prayers that all will go well with surgery today and that they will be able to close London up completely. It is amazing that you have been able to make contact with London's donor angel's family. May that bring your family and hers peace and comfort.

Ally Christensen said...

Good luck today - hope all goes well.

Brock and Lisa McKeown said...

Lizzy, I don't think anyone could imagine what your week has been. Barb gave us an update on everything last weekend and it's amazing the power our Heavenly Father has. I am so grateful for the bond you will have with her donor angels family. I am so glad you and James were finally able to hold sweet LuLu. Just remember to hold those memories in your heart as this could be your hardest but sweetest days of your life.

 

yasmin lawsuit